LadyJ1015’s Story

Breast Implants and Breast Augmentation Stories from our Visitors

If you have already read Nicole's Story, you have a pretty good idea what this section of the website is all about. After several women emailed their breast augmentation stories to us, we thought it would be great to have women share their full-length recovery stories after their breast implant surgeries for everyone's benefit. Thankfully, many women have contributed, some in more detail than others.

Here are the stories of our visitors. Many names have been changed for privacy. Where appropriate, there is detail in parentheses so you can decide if you are interested. Click on a name to read.

My Journey to Happiness

Day of breast augmentation surgery: We got up around 5:30 am to get ready to leave for my breast augmentation. My hubby had to sign for leave so we left the house around 6:15 so he could sign out then off to the clinic we went. We got there around 7am but couldn't go in until 7:30. When we got in there they had us sit in the waiting room for a little bit before taking us to the plastic surgeon's office. When we got in there, we paid for the surgery (that ended up being over $300 less), then I was taken to the little photo room where my pre-op pics were taken and he drew on me. After that they came to get me so I could get settled in my room. My roommate was in surgery getting her breast augmentation at that moment, but I was told to change into the surgical garb complete with a mesh thong compression thigh highs (hubby was joking about taking the "sexy" stuff home). I was not nervous at all which surprised me.

When they came in to get me I got on the little gurney and they wheeled me into the OR. It was then, once everything started to sink in, that I got a little nervous about my breast augmentation. The anesthesiologist was cracking jokes and making me laugh. When he gave me the tranquilizer I started to feel foggy in the head. He asked me if I was feeling it and I said "yeah" then he said "time to go night night" and I was out shortly. The next thing I remember was waking up in recovery. Hubby wasn't there because he had run home to get shower stuff because he thought he had time. The nurse told him "30 minutes" and he thought that meant 30 minutes before I went in, but they meant before I came out. That’s the downside to the whole language barrier. He did come in shortly after I woke up.

I wasn't able to stay awake so hubby went home to get the kids from our friend. I was out for a couple hours then woke up kinda foggy still. I hadn't seen the girls yet, but I got to peak under my scrub top and liked what I saw. The pain was uncomfortable but not unmanageable. Hubby came back later that day to see me and brought me Burger King. The nurse didn't like that one but I wanted a chocolate shake cause my throat hurt from the tube they had down it.

Day 1: Got woken up by the nurse around 6:30am so she could take my blood pressure, pulse, and temp. I could feel more pressure now and was hurting a bit more. She gave me my antibiotic and pain med to take after breakfast, which was brought in an hour later (I went back to sleep). I ate breakfast in bed because I couldn't get up on my own yet. After food and meds I was able to get up on my own to go to the bathroom and brush my hair. The doctor came in and asked if I liked what they did, I told him I hadn't seen them yet. When he took the strap and compression bra off I was IN LOVE. They looked great for just being done. One really cool thing was no frankenboob! I have bruising but I expected that because I bruise easily anyway. My poor roommate looked like she was hurting more than me and she only got 345g breast implants. A friend of mine came to see me and brought some water and magazines.

Day 2: Woke up this morning to the return of morning boob, but that was the worst of it. Got more meds and antibiotics to take after breakfast. Hubby found someone to watch the kids so he could come pick me up. About 30-45 mins after he got there they came to take me to get my drains out. I can take a shower tomorrow, which will be nice. I am resting at home now, and hubby helped me get most of the iodine off my skin so I don't look like a pumpkin. Righty still sits a little lower than lefty, but the plastic surgeon thinks that once they drop they should even out. I don't really care because hubby is the only one that sees them anyway. I am happy with how the breast augmentation makes my body look, but oh I will be hitting the gym to tone up a bit.

- LadyJ1015

Accessibility Toolbar