Jayde’s Story

Breast Implants and Breast Augmentation Stories from our Visitors

If you have already read Nicole's Story, you have a pretty good idea what this section of the website is all about. After several women emailed their breast augmentation stories to us, we thought it would be great to have women share their full-length recovery stories after their breast implant surgeries for everyone's benefit. Thankfully, many women have contributed, some in more detail than others.

Here are the stories of our visitors. Many names have been changed for privacy. Where appropriate, there is detail in parentheses so you can decide if you are interested. Click on a name to read.

Saggy and Deflated After Children Corrected with Breast Implants

I have been contemplating having breast augmentation since I nursed my fourth child 11 yrs ago. After breast feeding 4 children, I went from a C cup to a saggy droopy deflated A. It always bothered me losing my breasts, but I loved to nurse and would do it all over again. I consulted with 2 other surgeons prior to finding the plastic surgeon I knew was right for me. They say 3rd time's a charm! At our first consultation with this man I knew immediately that he was the surgeon for us. He and his staff kept my husband involved in the entire process from the first consultation and through every check up.

The first visit, we brought in my favorite shirts and I tried on different size implants in a special bra to see the approximate size we wanted to be. We agreed on saline round smooth moderate profile filled to 375cc to bring me back to a full C. I also had a crescent lift to make them perkier.

I took non-narcotic muscle relaxants (Riboxin)two days prior to the surgery. I had the weekend off and the meds did not effect me. I am a person who does not like to take anything unless I absolutely have to. When I researched the procedure and the recovery on Nicole's web site, I saw the majority of the women who became ill was because of the narcotics. I never even became slightly nauseous.

The morning of the surgery, I took 2 valiums and was very excited. My husband helped settle me into the pre-op room and kept me company. The staff was sooo good to the both of us and so was my plastic surgeon! My husband left and they brought me into the operating room where I was placed on the softest warmest most comfortable bed I have ever been in! All I remember is spreading my arms to the sides then waking up to see my husband walking towards me. He said "Wow! They are so gorgeous baby!!" I had him take a picture of them on our cell phone and when he showed them to me I started bawling! I HAVE BOOBS AGAIN!!

I ingested liquids, urinated, had all my vital signs taken some more and was dressed and out the door. I was still a little groggy so the nurse and my husband helped me out to the car. I had pain pumps attached to bring home with me. On the ride home (approx 50 minutes) the pain started. It was uncomfortable, but not bad. All my pain was felt on my breast bone. It felt like someone had a knee in my sternum and was trying to break it in half! There was also a strange sensation of these two large heavy objects hanging off my chest. I wore a large front zip sweatshirt and sweat pants so I was very comfortable and I did not have to put anything on over my head.

My husband put me to bed when we got home and when I awoke, he was sitting in a chair next to me with a glass of ice, can of ginger ale and saltines. He broke up the saltines and hand fed me and held the glass of ale to me with a straw. I am so in love with my husband and was lucky enough that he took the whole week off to take care of me! You will need help at home. I could not use my upper body so changing position in bed was difficult, but hubby helped me. It hurt to hold a can of soda due to the muscles being cut. I had incisions under the breast crease for better under the muscle placement. I am glad I had the crescent moon lift because I am very perky now! I had to sleep upright for a couple of weeks while I was healing.

My plastic surgeon called the first night to check on me. I hate taking narcotics, but he had my husband convince me to take at least a vicodin to help me the first night, so I did. I mainly took advil that day until bed time. The vicodin and the pain pumps helped me sleep the first night.

The next day, we went back to my surgeon's office and I took my last pain pump dose before getting there. My pain pumps were removed and I was taught how to do exercises. At first they hurt really bad, but I am so glad I continued to do them because my breasts are so soft and natural now (4 months later). I asked Dr Sterling when the swelling was going to go down and he told me there was no swelling. I was amazed! These babies were all mine!!!

I guess I should warn everyone about the bloating. I weighed 116 lbs the morning of surgery. The next day I bloated to 125 lbs! Don't worry ladies, it will go away. I guess it's natures way of reinforcing your body to heal and hold up these huge additions. The whole experience was a very positive one. I love my new breasts and so does my husband. I have fully dropped and went from a 34A to a 36D.

Age: 42
Race/Color: Caucasian
Children: 4, 4 breastfed
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 116 lbs.
Size: I went from an A cup to a D cup
Implant Manufacturer: Inamed / Allergan (formerly McGhan)
Implant Fill: Saline
Implant Size: 325 cc's, filled to 375 cc's
Implant Profile: Regular
Implant Shape: Round
Implant Surface: Smooth
Implant Placement: Under the muscle
Incision: Crease (inframammary)

- Jayde

Accessibility Toolbar