Anonymous’s Story

Breast Implants and Breast Augmentation Stories from our Visitors

If you have already read Nicole's Story, you have a pretty good idea what this section of the website is all about. After several women emailed their breast augmentation stories to us, we thought it would be great to have women share their full-length recovery stories after their breast implant surgeries for everyone's benefit. Thankfully, many women have contributed, some in more detail than others.

Here are the stories of our visitors. Many names have been changed for privacy. Where appropriate, there is detail in parentheses so you can decide if you are interested. Click on a name to read.

Correction of Tuberous (Tubular) and Asymmetrical Breasts with Breast Implants

I have always felt that my breasts just didn’t look quite right. From about age 18 I decided that for myself there were 3 things that I wanted to have done. First, liposuction to rid myself of a genetic pot belly and thick hips, second, laser correction surgery, and third, a breast augmentation to actually have breasts for once in my life.

As the years progressed the first surgery was completed in 1997. The liposuction procedure was, in a nutshell, very painful. I had inner/outer thighs, under the buttocks, and my potbelly siphoned out. I wore a crotchless girdle for a week and walked around wearing it looking like the undead. I planned that surgery poorly however, I got my period the same day. Since the girdle came up to just below my boobs it was practically impossible to change a tampon.

Next I got the Lasik done in 1999, best money I’ve ever spent. I now have 20/20 vision and don’t have to ever mess with contacts again. The surgery itself didn’t hurt at all and all totaled took a grand total of 3 minutes.

Finally, I had a decent paying job and managed to save, what I thought, would cover my augmentation. I happened upon Nicole’s site as I was searching for a PS and it was an amazing godsend that I found it. I learned what to look for in a PS, what to ask, and have gotten some amazing support from all the ladies in the discussion panels.

So to get on with it here’s my story:

October 16, 2003 Went in for my free consultation, took about 2 hours, they took pictures and showed my what my full C / baby D could look like on me by taking some digital images and drawing some boobs on my pictures. Dr. Mirabile came in and took a long hard look at my breasts and told me what he would have to do. It was amazing, within 2 minutes he diagnosed my breasts as tuberous, asymmetrical, that my right areola would need to be reduced, and then went on to tell me that a full C / baby D would be a very adequate size for me. It was like he knew exactly what I was looking for. They then gave me a sports bra and 3 different sized implants. Since my right breast was considerably smaller than my left they gave me a 350, 375, and 400cc implants to wear in the bra. I wore them all week and decided on the 350 and 375.

October 22, 2003 Went back to return the implants and bra, put down my deposit, scheduled my surgery date, and asked Dr. Mirabile about the procedure. I paid $7500, since I would need two procedures done, a Benelli Lift (mastoplexy) and bi-lateral augmentation.

November 12, 2003 I was so nervous, I had already told everyone at my work that I was having the procedure so everyone kept coming around to see how I was doing and lend support. That night I took the Valium he prescribed and drifted into a light sleep. I have never been so nervous and excited at the same time.

Day 1 - November 13, 2003 The BIG day finally arrived. I had done tons of research on Nicole’s site. Chat with ladies about their experience, frantically looked for information on recovery and pain, then read all the visitor’s stories to get an idea of what to expect and honestly still had no idea what to expect. Except for having to sleep propped upright for about a week.

I got to the hospital at 6:30am, entered the OR about 45 minutes later. I wasn’t too nervous, I just kept telling myself that I would be okay and that when I woke up I’d actually have boobies!

In to the OR I went, talked with anesthesiologist, nurses, and Dr Mirabile. At that point I decided to go 5cc’s bigger. They start the IV and out I go, I wake up in recovery, propped up and under some warm blankets. There was pressing sensation on my chest, but I could breathe without a problem. My arms were not sore, but my legs were a bit shaky. I didn’t experience any nausea at all. I went to the bathroom, got changed, wheeled out the hospital, and readied myself for the ride home. Which, except for a mild discomfort when turning and hitting road bumps, was not all that bad at all.

I took my antibiotic and pain meds when I got back and took a nap while propped up on the couch in front of the TV. My SO then got me water, tucked me in, and made sure I was comfortable.

When I woke up there was a bit more discomfort and a bit of pain, so I took another pain pill a couple Tylenol PM’s and went back to sleep. Since I decided to stay on top of the pain, so far I’ve really had none. Getting up to go to the toilet was a laugh. He literally had to pull me off the couch. I did perfect the technique to get up on my own. Get your butt to the edge of the couch, then lean forward until you’re slightly pulling forward, then stand up. Just let your new found boobies be used as leverage. What a laugh. On to tomorrow!

Day 2 - November 14, 2003 I was a bit more uncomfortable, but the pain meds helped with everything. I didn’t move too much and found that hunching over a bit was much more comfortable than sitting up straight. I could eat light foods, go to the toilet on my own and felt overall pretty good. I couldn’t open the medicine bottles or lift larger water bottles, so I had a sippy cup and made a yell when I needed pills.

Day 3 - November 15, 2003 It was actually more uncomfortable today than the first 2 days. I limited my pain meds, so that couldn’t have helped, but not taking the pain meds did help to ease the constipation I got from taking them. Ladies, word of advice, eat bran at least once a day while your on the pain meds, I didn’t and it took 2 suppositories, 5 ex-lax, and 2 large cups of coffee to finally get a BM 16 hours later. Not fun.

Day 4 - November 16, 2003 Today I noticed the high and tight sensation. I have to say it’s pretty miserable. You feel like you have 2 tennis balls stuffed under your skin. The pain is mostly gone and now it’s just discomfort I’m dealing with when I stand up for long periods of time or sit up straight.

Day 5 - November 17, 2003 Boobs feeling fine, but the skin is itching like crazy! I’ve been able to shower by myself for a few days now, but just today I could reach under my arms to shave my pits. What a feeling! I still can’t reach things in the top cabinets, but it improves everyday.

Day 7 - November 19, 2003 First PS check up today. He took one look at them and said they looked great! I was very pleased. I also drove my car for the first time today. I drive a stick shift so it was a bit difficult. It’s about a 20 minute drive, so after 40 minutes there and back and another 30 minutes to pick up dinner, I have to admit I was bushed!

Day 12 - November 24, 2003 First day back to work. I was tired most of the day. But it felt good to be back. Everyone was really excited to find out how it went. Yes, I told everyone. Rather that, than have someone ask the classic question, “is there something different about you?”.

Day 14 - November 26, 2003 Second PS check up today. My PS said my boobs won’t start to drop until about the 6th week since I had two surgeries and he had to remove a lot of distended tissue. But other than that he said they look great! I was worried that the right one looked considerably smaller than the left, but he took a look at them and said they should be fine, but he’ll keep and eye on them. Also got the stitches out. A bit of a pinch, but nothing intense. Now I start the massage 10x a day 4x each. Up, left, right, down. What a laugh, playing with myself ten times a day. Ha!

Day 15 - November 27, 2003 Turkey Day! My SO bought me my first bra, I guesstimated that I would need a 34C. Well I have to say it fit perfectly. I will, of course, be going to buy more bras and get sized at Victoria’s Secret soon. Today I have to admit I feel no discomfort and little tightness. I guess the skin is finally accepting that it has to stretch out a bit.

Month 6 – May 11, 2004 Boobs, boobs, wonderful boobs. Gotta say I don’t ever regret having my surgery. I feel like a new person and I want to take on the world. I fluffed out nicely to a small D, nice, exactly what I wanted. If I have any words of wisdom for you pre-BA girls out there it’s, live YOUR life, make YOURSELF happy, LOVE yourself and don’t let anyone else tell you differently, if they oppose you, then they probably don’t understand you and/or want you to be happy.

- Anonymous

View My Photos - Anonymous

Accessibility Toolbar